Photo courtesy of askottowa.info
I’m Canadian, read: I love beer. Let the other gals sip their Technicolor cocktails, just gimme my ale. So what could possibly be more sensual than dipping into fondue together with your Valentine? How about fondue on tap. Troegs’ Dream Weaver’s spicy tart flavor will add kick to the mellowest of cheeses. For even more of a bite, stir in Rogue Farm’s Chipotle Ale. Easy, romantic, luscious.
WHAT YOU NEED:
- 1 garlic clove
- 3/4 c milk, 2% or richer
- 1 fresh rosemary sprig
- 2 c cheese (any combo: swiss, gruyere, cheddar)
- 1/2 c Troegs’ Dream Weaver or Rogue Farm’s Chipotle Ale
- 2 T flour
- ¼ t sea salt
- ¼ t mustard powder
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper (optional)
- 1 baguette
- 2 Granny Smith apples
WHAT YOU DO:
- Cut the garlic clove in half.
- Rub inside of fondue pot with the garlic clove.
- Add milk, garlic clove and rosemary and heat on medium heat until just simmering.
- Grate & add the cheese.
- Stir in the beer or ale.
- Stir in the flour.
- Add the salt, mustard and cayenne pepper.
- Cut the baguette into cubes & lightly toast in oven.
- Cut the apples into bite size pieces.
- Dip away…
More fun, easy ideas & hilarious stories!