The inspiration for this dessert was the one and only Jacques Pepin. There’s nothing more liberating (and cool) than having someone of his ilk tell you he uses pre-made cookie dough. And since it did (in a video I recently watched), I thought I would & could. Then I thought: heck, why make custard when I can get away with a 2 minute cheesecake. And why stop there? Why go to the trouble of making a topping when you can have Mother Nature whip up some holiday appropriate berries. Now that’s teamwork!
WHAT YOU NEED:
- 1-Pack Cookie Dough (this is 1-2-3 recipe)
- 2 Packs Philadelphia Cream Cheese
- ½ Cup Daisy Sour Cream
- ½ Cup White Domino Sugar
- 2 t Trader Joe’s Vanilla
- 2 T Fresh Lemon Juice
- ¼ t Salt
WHAT YOU DO:
- Roll out 1 pack sugar cookie dough to fit your flan dish
- Cool in fridge for 20 min.
- Cover with foil & bake at 350 for 15 min.
- Beat together Cream Cheese, Sour Cream, Sugar, Vanilla, 1 T Lemon Juice & Salt
- When dough is cool, fill with cream cheese mixture
- Toss the berries in 1 T sugar and 1 T lemon juice
- Top the flan with red and blue berries before serving
More fun, easy ideas & hilarious stories!